Wednesday, November 16, 2005

my current hot topic

work work work...

or more specifically, the "human" aspects of work. Here's how i put stress on myself. i don't want anyone to say my relatively poor job performance is overlooked because i am female, or becuz i am on quite gd terms with the boss, etc. hence i got to do my job even better. eh, is it just me or are other females in technical fields also thinking the same way? as in, i feel that the same standards or expectations should be applied to both genders. i'd hate to hear things like, "oh, she girl wat, so wrong also never mind."

i keep feeling that i dont do things gd enough - seems like there are mistakes in almost every piece of work i do, or i do it inefficiently. sighh...

anyway these are random rants. nothing has really happened yet - my mind is just the same old mind: hyperactive and thinking of weird possibilities.

oh, can someone tell me what the book "Freakonomics" is abt? i think jane has prob told me abt it at some time, but i forgot liao. (haha....that's me!). is it a highly-recommended bk?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a bestseller coz it explains everyday phenomena using economic principles. oh i just found a website for it! www.freakonomics.com

Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another book I've been meaning to read for ages but never got round to and will probably never. Thanks for the website!

Friday, November 18, 2005 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger who? said...

hey,i'll go take a look at it. maybe i can use the vouchers u all gave me! =P
decided not to get an astro bk after all - trying to "diversify". =)

Saturday, November 19, 2005 10:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane's comments are never worth remembering anyway what haha!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home