Tuesday, January 31, 2006

a different type of Day 3


Happy Chinese New Year!!!!!!

hope everyone's been having a great new year so far! =)
i started the new year with some apprehension coz according to the zodiac predictions, this yr is not a gd yr for the dogs (aka me and a lot of u guys out there). but who cares....hehehhe =P

let's start with the reunion dinner. I always go to my paternal grandma's house for reunion dinner, and we always need 2 tables to accomodate the entire family. traditionally, the big table is for the adults (ie. grandma and the uncles & aunties), while the smaller foldable table is for the 3rd generation. as the yrs go by, there is more and more space at the foldable table. we are now missing 2 pple already: my first cousin who is married and staying in UK with her husband, and my sis who is married and thus has her reunion dinner with her husband's family. which leaves our kids' table with just my second cousin (i think she is a manager at credit suisse), another cousin who is in her 4th yr at uni and the last "baby" who is in sec2 now. yup....4 girls. =)
my credit suisse cousin asked me when i'd be gg to uk, and whether i'm excited abt it, etc.... so i gave the same old ans abt having mixed feelings etc. i was surprised to note that her tone was very businesslike and executive, and immediately i felt like i was talking to my manager. i had to switch from a very casual mode to a very proper, mature mode, incl proper english. it felt kind of funny to chat with my cousin like that. well, i guess she must really be holding a rather high post now..

last night (CNY day 2) i was invited to visit a colleague's house. this is the same host as the christmas party one. in the midst of all the merry making, my boss (technically he's not my direct boss) asked me how has the attachment at ieco been so far, and i said that after a few days of "orientation", i'm not quite sure wat to do next. i said i will understudy the engineers there whenever they are free, which is not very frequent. yet again, i had to switch from casual and CNY mood to alert and proper mode, because i could feel that my boss was trying to get some kind of feedback from me regarding the 2wk attachment. lucky i only had 1 can of carlsberg, and was able to think clearly. hope that what i said was still reasonable....

p.s. drinking yeo's sugarcane juice might give u better luck when playing 21-pts. i had buang-luck in the first 2 rounds and made an overall gain of 30% of my capital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home